You are not alone. I promise.
Statistics tell us that, you, or someone you care about, is struggling, or has struggled, with mental health issues.
- 1 in 5 people are experiencing, and living with, a mental health disorder.
Statistics (please review):
- Adults: https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-B...
- Children & Adolescents: https://www.nami.org/NAMI/media/NAMIMedia/Infographics/Children-MH-Facts-NAMI.pdf
- "Findings from several recent studies are sobering. Depression is now the leading cause of ill-health and disability worldwide–more than cancer, heart disease, respiratory problems, and accidents. Researchers reported that serious psychological distress is at an all-time high, significantly affecting not only quality but actual life expectancy.
- The research is clear: psychotherapy helps. Indeed, its effectiveness is on par with coronary artery bypass surgery. Despite such results, availability of mental health services in the U.S. and other Westernized nations has seriously eroded over the last decade. Additionally, modern clinical practice is beset by regulation and paperwork, much of which gets in the way of treatment’s most important healing ingredient: the relationship." (http://www.scottdmiller.com/)
- "Psychotherapy effectiveness is a timely topic, given the growing body of research that shows that for many psychological problems psychotherapy works better in the long term and is more cost-effective and long-lasting than medication, says Katherine C. Nordal, PhD, APA's executive director for professional practice. "Hundreds of studies have found that psychotherapy is an effective way to help people make positive changes in their lives," Nordal says. "Compared with medication, psychotherapy has fewer side effects and lower instances of relapse when discontinued." (http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/02/therapist.aspx)
How We Help, How It Works
We Believe that The Human Experience is Always Better When Shared.
Our mission is to help others experience a more sustainable, meaningful, and fulfilling human experience, leading to healthier individuals, families, and communities. Therapy should not be complex and difficult to understand. We offer Simplified Counseling and Comprehensive Support for Complex Issues. The basics of how we operate:
- You have an EXPERIENCE
- You EXPERIENCE…PAIN, LOSS, FEAR, HURT, DISAPPOINTMENT, LONELINESS, ANGER, APATHY, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, INSECURITY, REJECTION, EMBARRASSMENT, FRUSTRATION, DESPAIR, THE LIST GOES ON...
- You EXPERIENCE a moment of courage. You CALL/EMAIL me.
- You SHARE EXPERIENCE
- I LISTEN, UNDERSTAND, and VALIDATE your EXPERIENCE
- We IDENTIFY and EMPLOY natural strengths and supports
- We REFRAME OLD EXPERIENCE and CREATE NEW EXPERIENCE in your mind
- WE PRACTICE EXPERIENCING NEW EXPERIENCE in session
- I SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE NEW EXPERIENCE in your life
- You CREATE NEW EXPERIENCE
- You EXPERIENCE…LOVE, JOY, PEACE, HOPE, TRUST, STRENGTH, ENERGY, RELAXATION, CONFIDENCE, CONTENTMENT, CONNECTENDESS, THE LIST GOES ON...
- You SHARE NEW EXPERIENCE
- We CHEER.
This is The Human Experience Professional Counseling Services LLC.
Once you EXPERIENCE hurt/pain/trauma/etc., you have two choices, continue to EXPERIENCE suffering, or heal, learn, evolve and transform into a greater version of yourself, and reap a greater human EXPERIENCE. Like all people, I have experienced suffering. Through this suffering I have come to discover my purpose, helping others heal and transform themselves. Over 15 years ago, I changed my degree program, and direction in life, and dedicated myself to marrying my passion and purpose with a strong foundation of education and professional experience, in order to get to this point where I can make a positive impact on individuals, families, and communities.
Meaningful and sustainable outcomes result FROM healing and transforming individuals and bolstering their natural supports, and result IN healthier and happier individuals, families, and communities. THE-PCS provides a variety of evidenced-based counseling approaches and a variety of counseling modalities to support individual and family goals that can be experienced, observed, and measured.
While various approaches and models are used, the basis of THE-PCS revolves around the tenets of Humanistic and Existential models (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK64939/), which emphasizes: a strengths-based approach, unconditional positive regard for clients, stressed importance of validation and normalization (ALL behavior makes sense within context), while also challenging clients to transform and evolve because of, and in the face of, life's struggles.